ROV Technical Support Engineer
The role of ROV Technical Support Engineer holds a pivotal position within the Operations department of our organisation. This role encompasses responsibility for overseeing all technical aspects of our assets throughout their entire lifecycle. Collaborating closely with both internal and external stakeholders, the ROV Technical Support Engineer ensures the optimal utilisation of assets for all project-related activities. Furthermore, they serve as champions for safety, quality, and the technical excellence of project deliveries.
- Managing and overseeing the servicing, maintenance, and assembly of both new and existing ROV equipment and systems.
- Assisting in the selection of project-related equipment, assessing suitability, and interface requirements.
- Leading audits of Film-Ocean ROV systems before mobilisation to ensure compliance with internal and external standards and project specifications.
- Providing technical insights to the commercial and business development teams to evaluate upcoming opportunities from a multi-disciplinary perspective and determine the best technical approach for project execution.
- Supporting offshore crew and workshop personnel in ROV maintenance and repair tasks, including task prioritisation and scheduling, which may entail site visits.
- Ensuring accurate management and updates of system inventories as required.
- Reviewing and updating maintenance routines to accommodate new or modified equipment.
- Ensure system hardware and faulty components are managed correctly.
- Collaborating with client representatives, project managers, certification authorities, and third-party companies involved in ROV system operations.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating system and equipment specification sheets and maintaining records.
- Coordinating with the workshop manager and project managers to maintain system certification packages.
- Assisting with the procurement of spares and consumables, receipt of goods, distribution, and logistics.
- Applying industry best practices across all engineering disciplines and ensuring the appropriate level of engineering is applied to meet project requirements.
- Establishing and developing technical administrative policies and procedures.
- Evaluating and supporting onshore system maintenance and refurbishments.
Staying current with equipment technical standards and legislation and ensuring that issued equipment is tested and certified as per relevant standards.
- Liaising with vendors and subcontractors involved in the certification and servicing of Film-Ocean assets.
- Collaborating with the supply chain department to control and reduce costs related to ROV operations, including spares and repairs.
- Managing short and long-term equipment storage.
- Assisting in the update of all technical and support documentation.
- Participating in an out-of-hours on-call rotation.
- Undertaking any other office duties as required by the Company.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do, or not do.
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
- Utilise provided recycling facilities.
- Clean up and report any spills.
- Correctly use work items provided by your employer, including PPE in accordance with training and instructions.
- Not to interfere with, or misuse anything provided for your health and safety, or welfare.
- Report all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality concerns to the HSEQ Manager.
- Work to Film-Ocean HSEQ processes and procedures and inform the HSEQ Manager of any omissions or changes required.
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures are implemented, understood and adhered to at the work location, so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a proactive commitment to Film-Ocean’s HSEQ initiatives.
- Substantial technical and operational management expertise in the field of ROV industry.
- In depth understanding of ROV systems and a demonstrated history of providing technical support for ROV operations.
- A relevant engineering qualification (or equivalent).
- Environmental training general awareness.
- Safety training general awareness.
Interested in this position? Send us your CV